We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the popular ways to make your winter diet varied and balanced is to marinate. Cabbage pickled for the winter is a good dish in which the whole spectrum of vitamins and microelements contained in a fresh product is preserved. This method is practically not associated with heat treatment, and a large number of recipes and a variety of ingredients are able to satisfy the most whimsical taste.
The subtleties of pickling cabbage for the winter
Marinating is a whole section of cooking. Canned cabbage with the use of vinegar is a good snack, suitable as a side dish for meat and fish dishes, can serve as a component of cabbage soup and filling for pies.
But in order for the dishes to turn out spicy, moderately spicy, you need to adhere to several rules:
- Marinating should only be done at room temperature.
- Young cabbage should not be pickled. It is necessary to take mid-season and late varieties with juicy fleshy leaves.
- It is very important to follow the recipe and the correct proportions of the ingredients.
- Only coarse rock salt should be used for pickling.
- During the pickling process, the cabbage should be pierced from time to time with a fork or other sharp object to release fermentation gases.
Knowing these simple rules, you can safely start canning.
Selection and preparation of the main ingredient
Traditionally, white cabbage is most often used for preservation. Less often they pay attention to the red, Brussels, Peking, colored. The quality of pickling depends on the variety and appearance of the vegetable. Good dense heads of cabbage with fleshy sweet leaves, snow-white in the cut.
Late autumn varieties are more suitable than others: Belorusskaya, Gribovskaya, Yubileinaya, Saburovka, Kashirskaya, Dobrovodskaya.
Heads of cabbage with cracks, spots, frostbitten loose leaves will not work. The ideal weight for a pickling fork is 0.7 to 1.0 kilograms.
Before starting work, the cabbage is thoroughly washed, dried, the upper dried leaves are removed, the stump is cut out. Then the head of cabbage is cut into plates, chopped finely or coarsely (depending on the recipe). If the recipe contains carrots, then take 2-3 pieces for one head of cabbage.
How to prepare containers
Marinating is most often carried out in glass jars. They are thoroughly washed with soap and steamed.
It is important that the cans are intact, without cracks or chips, and that the lids fit snugly, realizing a complete seal.
For the preparation of vegetables and marinade, enamel rather than aluminum dishes are used.
The best recipes for pickling cabbage
There are many recipes for pickling cabbage. Here is some of them.
The classic way in 3-liter jars
For a three-liter jar, take one medium head of cabbage, carrots, 3 cloves of garlic. For the marinade: for 3 liters of water - vinegar essence (one teaspoon), sugar (1 tablespoon), salt (2 tablespoons), bay leaf, pepper. Vegetables are prepared: cabbage is cut into strips, carrots are tinder on a coarse grater or cut. Then they act like this:
- spices and garlic are placed on the bottom of a sterilized jar;
- chopped vegetables are placed in dense layers;
- add bulk ingredients on top;
- pour boiling water over and add vinegar.
Banks are hermetically closed.
Cauliflower without sterilization
For quick cooking with vinegar, strong, healthy heads of cabbage (inflorescences) are suitable. A three-liter bottle fits a large head of cabbage, disassembled into branches. The dish is prepared for quick consumption, so the container is not sterilized. The work progress is as follows:
- for the marinade: put spices in a liter of water, salt (2 tablespoons), put sugar (3 tablespoons);
- boil over low heat for 4-5 minutes;
- pour jars with hot marinade and add vinegar;
- close, turn over to cool.
The first tasting takes place in a week.
In hot brine
Cabbage cooked this way is delicious. Proceed as follows:
- The cabbage is cut into strips, crumpled until the cabbage juice is released.
- Make a pickle. The main ingredients are sugar, salt, half a glass of vinegar (9%) and sunflower oil.
- All components are mixed, boiled, combined with a vegetable.
- Shake container to marinate evenly.
After 2 hours, the appetizer is ready.
German cabbage salad
For a spicy German snack, pickle cabbage with bell pepper and spices.
- A large head of cabbage is chopped (weighing up to one and a half kilograms).
- Sweet peppers are cut into slices and onions are cut into cubes.
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl and grind thoroughly.
- Prepare the filling: in a small saucepan, combine half a glass of vinegar and vegetable oil, 70 grams of sugar and salt (a tablespoon).
- Combine the ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly again.
The appetizer is insisted for a day, after which it is ready for use.
Children love sweet, crispy cabbage. They prepare it like this:
- A large fork (2 kilograms) is washed, chopped, put in a deep bowl.
- Add two grated carrots, chopped garlic (5 cloves).
- They make a sweet marinade (for a glass of sugar - 2 tablespoons of salt, half a glass of vegetable oil, vinegar essence), combine with vegetables.
- Knead the ingredients with a crush, and then, with your hands.
- Cover, put under pressure for three days.
The dish is ready.
The dish has an unusual taste and bright color. The work progress is as follows:
- A medium head of cabbage is suitable for work. It is cut and put in jars, shifted with medium-sized tomatoes, spices are added.
- When the jar is full, marinade is made.
- Cans are poured and rolled under iron lids.
- Banks are turned over and wrapped up, waiting for cooling.
The preservation is stored in a dark, cool place.
With bell pepper
The essence of the recipe is as follows:
- Large two-kilogram forks are chopped; pepper, carrots, fresh cucumber cut into strips, mix.
- An ordinary marinade is made, which is combined with vegetables, covered with a lid, and awaited to cool.
In the refrigerator, such a salad can be stored all winter at home.
This recipe is called Gurian cabbage. Vegetables are prepared like this:
- Take a large fork (weighing about 2 kilograms) and cut into large squares.
- One beet and one carrot are cut into large slices (up to 0.5 centimeters wide), 8 cloves of garlic are chopped into thin slices and pepper is chopped.
- Everything is laid in layers in a deep container.
The next step is to make a marinade based on apple cider vinegar and pour over the cabbage, then leave for several days.
This is a very original recipe for a healthy salad. Prepare like this:
- Vegetables, namely: cabbage forks weighing 2 kilograms, 1 medium pepper, 1 carrot, 5 garlic cloves are cut into slices.
- Ginger root weighing up to 70 grams is peeled, also chopped finely
- They make a marinade according to a classic recipe based on apple cider vinegar (150 grams), add to vegetables and put weight on top.
- Wait for complete cooling, store in a cool place.
The dish is ready in a day.
With carrots and garlic
The recipe is convenient because the cabbage is cut very coarsely without removing the stump.
- An average head of cabbage weighing up to 1 kilogram is cut into plates, boiled for 10 minutes.
- Cut 2 carrots and one bell pepper, squeeze out a few cloves of garlic.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in one and a half liters of boiling water, throw 6 peppercorns.
- Apple cider vinegar (150 grams) is added, as well as the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine with cabbage and place under oppression for better pickling.
In a day, the salad is ready for consumption.
With vegetables and apples
This vitamin snack in winter will successfully diversify the diet and will become a real decoration of the table.
She prepares simply:
- Cabbage weighing up to 2 kilograms is finely chopped, 3 apples and 3 carrots are peeled and finely chopped.
- They make a marinade, which is combined with vegetables, mixed, and packed in jars.
- The container is hermetically closed.
The rolls are stored in a cold place - a refrigerator or a cellar.
A simple recipe for a delicious, moderately spicy snack.
- Cabbage is cut in medium-sized pieces, leaving the stump, beets - in thin slices.
- The cloves from two heads of garlic and hot pepper are chopped finely.
- Pour (2 liters of water for 3 tablespoons of salt), cool.
- Sprinkle vegetables with spices, pour marinade.
The pickling process lasts 3 days.
Bulgarian with aspirin
Acetylsalicylic acid is a good preservative.
- Take a head of cabbage about 2 kilograms. Wash, finely chop.
- Grated root vegetables are added.
- The vegetables are ground and placed in a sterilized container.
- Make a fill (sugar, salt, vegetable oil, vinegar 9%), cool.
Before you roll up the jars, put 2 Aspirin tablets in each.
Pickled cabbage with pumpkin
The recipe is given for medium forks.
- Prepare the main ingredient, take a kilogram of pumpkin and 1 beet.
- Chop cabbage, cut pumpkin and beets, chop two cloves of garlic, mix thoroughly.
- Prepare the marinade, combine with vegetables, mix, put in the cold.
The dish is ready.
Horseradish and bell pepper salad
The dish is quite spicy, there is nothing complicated in its preparation.
- Wash and finely chop the medium head.
- Chop carrots and peppers, mix everything.
- The horseradish root is peeled, tinder. Chop a few cloves of garlic.
- Fill a container with vegetables, fill it with marinade.
- Mix by tamping slightly.
Put away in the cold. Consume preferably within a month.
For 1 kilogram of cabbage, take 1 kilogram of eggplant and three medium carrots.
- The eggplant is prepared first. They are boiled for 5 minutes, cooled.
- Chopped garlic (8-10 cloves) is also added there.
- Chop cabbage and carrots, add cooled eggplant circles to them, add salt and vinegar.
- Put the salad on sterilized jars, seal it tightly.
Enjoy your meal!
The recipe is given per kilogram of cabbage.
- Dense tomato juice (1 liter) or chopped tomatoes are salted and put on fire, boiled for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage and boil everything together again.
- Cabbage in tomato sauce, spices are placed in sterilized cylinders.
After sealed rolling, turn over and cover with a blanket until it cools.
With citric acid
In all recipes, acetic acid can be replaced with citric acid, but this must be done correctly.
- A solution similar to vinegar essence (70%) can be obtained by diluting 1 tablespoon of citric acid powder in 2 tablespoons of boiled water.
- An analogue of nine percent table vinegar is obtained by diluting 1 tablespoon of citric acid powder in 14 tablespoons of water.
Then follow the recipe.
How and how long are the workpieces stored?
The shelf life of pickled cabbage may vary. It depends on the conditions in which the cabbage was pickled and how it is stored.
- If the cabbage was packaged in sterilized jars under hermetically sealed lids, then its shelf life is the longest and can last a year or more.
- If the vegetable is preserved in a large container or in glass jars without sterilization, then the shelf life will not exceed two months. But at low temperatures, it can be longer.
- Frozen cabbage can be stored throughout the winter.
Pickled cabbage is delicious and healthy. Any housewife can study the technology of its preparation. Having mastered the basic subtleties, you can safely experiment with the ingredients.