We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Yeast can be useful not only in cooking, but also in vegetable growing. Consider the benefits of feeding vegetables, root crops, berry bushes, grapes, flowers and other crops with yeast. How to prepare top dressing from ordinary and dry yeast, under which garden and horticultural crops it is not recommended to introduce it, and particular mistakes that gardeners make.
What is it and what are their types?
Yeast is a 1-cell organism that feeds on sugars, produces carbon dioxide, water, heat and energy. They can be bakery, wine, beer, pressed and dry.
To prepare top dressing for garden plants, ordinary baker's yeast is usually used as the most common type. You can use both live and dry, they act in the same way. The main thing is that they are fresh, not expired.
Advantages and disadvantages of yeast feeding
Advantages of top dressing with yeast:
- Yeast infusions contain many nutrients, primarily proteins and vitamins, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, trace elements. They are used by plants for their own nutrition and are used to build their cells and tissues and their vital functions.
- They are inexpensive, stored for a long time (dry - 2 years), but they are more effective.
- Suitable for almost all crops grown in open beds and under cover.
- You can fertilize plants at all stages of their development, from seedlings to fruiting bushes.
- They are completely harmless, do not poison the soil, do not contain toxic compounds, do not affect the chemical composition of the fruit.
Disadvantages: substances produced by yeast can feed not only plants, but also soil microorganisms, which are not always useful, as well as nematodes. If you use this dressing incorrectly or more often than necessary, you can easily harm the plants.
A universal recipe for making fertilizer
It is easy to prepare the infusion, you need water, yeast and sugar to activate them. To prepare the top dressing correctly, you need to adhere to the exact dosage and cooking sequence.
You need to take 3 liters of warm water, dissolve 100 g of yeast and 100 g of sugar in it. Put the container for fermentation for a day. To make a fertilizing solution, you need 1 tbsp. dissolve liquids in a bucket of clean water. Water 0.5 liters per plant.
Pour 10 g of dry powder into 3 liters of warm water and dilute with 100 g of sugar. Further, the cooking process is the same as in the previous case. The dosage is also the same: no more than 0.5 liters of infusion should be poured onto 1 plant.
How to feed crops?
Consider how to make yeast infusion for various crops in the garden and vegetable garden.
You can start feeding plants at the beginning of their flowering and continue until they bear fruit. You can combine the infusion with ash, thus it will be possible to bring almost all the nutrients into the soil at once. The introduction should be carried out no more than 1 time in 2 weeks.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
Regular feeding will provide the zucchini with systematic nutrition and support for uninterrupted fruit setting and growing.
The first time the culture is fed 1-1.5 weeks after planting in the beds or in the greenhouse. Pour 0.5 liters of infusion under each seedling. The time for the 2nd use comes before the flowering of the plants, for the third - in the middle of the fruiting period. You can feed out of turn the bushes weakened by diseases, pests, cold or drought.
Yeast infusions are applied under beets 3 times per season, with approximately the same break. You can combine yeast infusion with ash so that the top dressing is complete.
Fertilize with yeast carrots growing on soil fertilized with humus or compost. Watering is necessary only in warm weather, on a heated ground, otherwise the activity of the yeast will slow down. Apply 3 times per season: after carrot shoots, after 3 weeks and in mid-August, when roots are already forming. In the garden, carrots are fed with yeast infusion along with ash.
The shrub is fed at least 2 times a season: in May and a month later, when the ovaries begin to form. Pour 1-3 liters of infusion under each plant, depending on its size and power.
The first feeding is carried out when the sap flow just begins, the second - at the budding stage and the third - after the appearance of the ovaries. You can pour a bucket of infusion under an adult bush. This will promote the development of foliage, inflorescences and help the ovaries to form better.
Indoor flowers growing in pots are watered once a month in the spring and summer, and once every 3 months during the dormant period. The amount of feeding depends on the volume of the pot and the size of the plant: you can spend 1-2 glasses per pot. In room conditions, an odor may appear, which will persist for some time.
Garden flowers are watered 3 times per season: at the beginning of the growing season, before flowering and in the middle.
Yeast dressings are useful for any crops. Universal scheme of application: three times a season, with the same interval. If the impact is not enough, you can feed one more time.
What crops do not like feeding data?
There are no particular contraindications for using yeast on garden crops. If you use the infusion correctly, observe the dosage, consumption and frequency of application, there will be no harm. Most plants react quickly to such feeding, they grow and bear fruit better.
What not to do:
- Use overstocking solution, which is more than 1 day. Such an infusion loses its properties, cannot be useful, but rather harm. Ideally, you can use an infusion that has stood in a warm place for only 2 hours.
- Dissolve old yeast that does not infuse well. Better to throw them away.
- Water the dry ground with infusion. It should first be watered with plain water.
- Water with too concentrated a solution. Such a mistake will lead either to overfeeding of plants, or to excessive development of soil microflora.
- Feed more often than necessary. The consequences of such actions are the same as when using a concentrate.
- It is not recommended to use infusions for watering greenhouse plants - a characteristic smell can annoy, and when the temperature of the soil rises, there is a risk of root burns.
As you can see, the rules for using yeast feeding are simple, remember and follow them is easy.
The preparation and use of yeast feedings is available in any household. Almost all cultures are not indifferent to them. If you use such a tool on a regular basis, every year, then you can expect stable growth of crops, lush flowering, abundant fruiting, excellent health of domestic plants.