We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomatoes are probably the most widely grown vegetable by gardeners. There are many different varieties in this culture. Consider the pros and cons of the best tomato varieties for 2021 for home cultivation, greenhouse and garden-grown, tall and short, the most productive, for different regions, as well as several hybrids with interesting characteristics.
In greenhouse conditions, mainly early or mid-early tomatoes are planted in order to get a harvest faster, or, if growing in cold regions, to prolong the growing season.
A mid-early variety Scarlet Mustang for canning purposes, so its fruits can be pickled and salted. Characteristics:
- indeterminate bush;
- medium-sized fruit, firm, with slight ribbing,
- uniformity of tomatoes - 95 g;
- unripe tomato is light green, ripe turns red;
- yield - 3.9 kg;
- marketable fruits can be harvested 97.3%.
Disadvantages: picky about agricultural technology.
Yvette is also a mid-early variety. Its characteristics:
- determinant plant;
- compact bush, short internodes;
- the tomato is round, with a slight ribbing, green in an unripe state, in a ripe - red, weighs 86-120 g;
- yield - 3.1-7.7 kg per sq. m;
- friendly formation of fruits;
- long-term storage;
- does not get sick, is not affected by a nematode.
Disadvantages: needs extra care.
Open ground varieties
Bull's Heart is famous for its large and tasty fruits, which make wonderful salads. In addition to the red-fruited tomato, there are also varieties with fruits of other flowers, which are called so: Bovine Heart Orange, Black, Cream, Amber, Chocolate, Gold, Peach, Pink and Raspberry. Pros:
- can be grown in garden beds and in a greenhouse;
- fruits are large, 108-225 g each, heart-shaped, fleshy, with smooth skin;
- the color of an unripe tomato is dark green with a spot, a ripe one is red.
- you can collect 3-4 kg from 1 sq. m.
Cons: late ripening, needs to be tied up and shaped.
The best canning variety, no less famous, is Be Barao. Classic - with red fruits, but this variety has varieties of Be Barao Royal, Gold, Pink, Orange, Black. Pros:
- can be grown in vegetable gardens, on farm plots;
- fruits are leveled, small, 30 g each, ovoid, with a strong skin, excellent for canning;
- unripe tomatoes are green, ripe ones turn red;
- yield per sq. meters - 5-6 kg each.
Cons: needs to be shaped and tied, late ripening variety.
Selection of tomatoes for 2021 according to other criteria
Among the varieties of tomatoes, groups are distinguished by the strength of growth and the height of the bush. There are undersized, which do not require formation, medium-sized and tall, when growing, which cannot be done without tying.
The most productive varieties of 2021
Every gardener wants to grow in the beds not just tomatoes, but fruitful tomatoes. Aswon tomatoes can be harvested from sq. m up to 10 kg of fruits. This is an early maturing determinant variety, a bush 40 cm high, it does not need to be pinned and tied up. Advantages:
- good knotting in the heat;
- the fruit weighs 50-70 g, does not crack;
- stable, transportable.
Disadvantages: moderate resistance to fruit rot.
Plants of the Washington variety grow up to 0.5 m. They give 2.5 kg from each bush, if the cultivation techniques are followed. Characteristics:
- fruits are round, dense, 60-80 g each;
- universal application;
- can be planted thickened.
Cons: requires tying to a support.
Tall, often indeterminate tomatoes are grown on a trellis or tied to a high support. They are more productive than short ones, because more tomatoes are harvested from the same area than from plants with limited growth.
The Honey Spas variety grows up to 1-2 m in height. Medium late grade. Pros:
- resistant to heat, drought;
- heart-shaped fruit;
- light orange color;
- high sugar content;
- weight - 150-230 g;
- collect 6 kg per sq. m;
- stored for a long time.
Cons: you need to form a bush and tie it up.
The Pink Elephant is a semi-determinate plant, grows up to 1.5 m, medium late. Benefits:
- the unusual shape of the fruit is flattened-spherical;
- light pink color;
- sweet taste;
- weight - 0.3-1 kg;
- you can collect 4 kg per meter of beds.
Disadvantages: you need to carefully care for the plants.
Blagovest - early ripe tomato, bush growth - up to 150 cm.Advantages:
- homogeneous fruits, 100-110 g each;
- universal application;
- collected from a meter, 5.5 kg;
- resistant to disease.
Disadvantages: it is necessary to carry out the formation.
Budenovka is an early middle variety, its advantages:
- heart-shaped fruits are large, 150-350 g each;
- harvest of 9.3 kg per meter;
- can be eaten in salads and canned in chunks.
Cons: you need to tie up and shape.
Stunted and dwarf
Apparently invisibly - a determinant tomato with amicable ripening of fruits weighing up to 100 g. Up to 5 kg can be harvested from a bush. Advantages:
- pink color;
- tomatoes do not crack.
Cons: not stored for long.
The grape produces fruits of a small size (15 g) on long clusters, where there can be up to 30 of them. Pros:
- neat little tomatoes;
- can be preserved.
Cons: the need to properly form the bushes into 3 stems.
For the Urals and Siberia
The pride of Siberia ripens early, a standard plant, with limited growth. Produces large tomatoes that can weigh up to 0.9 kg. Advantages:
- harmonious, bright taste;
- resistance to cold and adverse conditions.
Disadvantages: short shelf life.
Grandma's secret ripens in medium terms, is grown in greenhouses. Characteristics:
- fruits of 0.3-0.5 kg (up to 1) kg;
- resistant to late blight, powdery mildew and tobacco mosaic;
- collect 9 kg per meter.
For salad use only.
For the middle lane
Ground Gribovsky 1180 ripens early, it is distinguished by a friendly return of fruits. Non-standard bush, determinant type, grows up to 50 cm.Advantages:
- rounded tomatoes, weighing 55-90 g;
- unripe are ripened;
- high productivity;
- cold resistance.
In wet weather, it gets sick with late blight and rot.
Gina - medium-branchy plants, bush up to 60 cm. The variety is mid-season. Its pluses:
- tomatoes are dense, of excellent taste and consistency, weighing 190-280 g;
- plants do not get sick with fusarium, wilting.
They are used only for eating fresh and for tomato juice, but not for preservation.
The best hybrids
In addition to varieties, hybrids can be grown in home beds. They are usually more productive, but more demanding in terms of care and agricultural technology. The main disadvantage of hybrids is the inexpediency of growing on the farm from harvested seeds, because such plants do not inherit outstanding hybrid qualities.
Inca Treasure F1
- early maturity;
- tomatoes set and develop in cold weather;
- beautiful fruit shape, large-fruited (over 250 g), meatiness;
- light green color, when ripe - light orange;
- sweet taste;
- fruits do not crack, differ in transportability, keeping quality;
- harvest - up to 14 kg per sq. m.
It is necessary to form tomato bushes.
A late ripening hybrid, recommended for dry and hot areas. Advantages:
- large-fruited (tomatoes 90-226 g);
- convenient fruit shape - flat-round;
- withstand transportation, do not crack.
- universal application;
- collect 2.2-4.1 kg per meter;
- marketable fruits at the level of 75-96%
Cons: late ripening.
F1 black bunch
The hybrid is early maturing, high-yielding, ripens on the 80th day. Produces round, small fruits, 50-70 g each, fresh for eating and canning whole. Characteristics:
- yield of 6 kg per sq. m;
- the color is dark purple;
- resistant to disease.
It is necessary to tie up the bushes.
Emerald Mandarin F1
Small fruits, 30-40 g each, with a sweet taste. Characteristics:
- up to 1.5 m high;
- can be grown both in the beds and in greenhouse conditions;
- bears fruit for a long time.
It needs to be formed, requires increased nutrition and watering.
Azure Giant F1
Mid-season, semi-determinant, versatile in the way of growing and using tomatoes. Advantages:
- fruits weigh 180-250 g;
- they collect 12 kg of beds from a meter;
- flat-round, purple fruits.
Disadvantages: unsuitable for canning, as the skin cracks when exposed to boiling water.
Early term, grows into a powerful, compact plant. Produces fruits of 120-130 g each, Pros:
- tying in the heat;
- does not suffer from common fungal diseases.
Cannot be stored for a long time, it is recommended for cutting into salads.
Among all the variety of tomato varieties and hybrids, it is not easy to choose the one that you like the most. When choosing, you need to look at characteristics such as yield, zoning, bush growth, shape and weight of the tomato, as well as where the variety can be grown - in the beds or in the greenhouse. Many crop varieties are versatile in this respect, give a good harvest, both outdoors and in greenhouse conditions.