We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Irish early-ripening potato "Banba" is very high-yielding and promising, compares favorably with a high percentage of the formation of tubers aligned in shape and weight with remarkable commodity indicators. The name of the variety is given in honor of the legendary Queen of Ireland. To date, the variety is being tested on the territory of our country, and the deadline for making it in the State Register is planned for 2018.
Coarse-grained potato of the Banba variety forms medium-sized bushes with dark green leaves. Corollas of flowers of white color. The fruiting period is quite long. The tubers are oval in shape, resistant to mechanical damaging factors, and are well stored and do not germinate for a long time. Smooth peel of dark yellow color. The eyes are shallow. The pulp is light yellow. The average dry matter content in it reaches 20%.
The variety is characterized by high drought tolerance. Resistance to scab is 7 points, resistance to late blight of tubers is 5 points.
Potatoes of the Banba variety, like most Irish varieties, are quite simple to grow, because they are unpretentious and easily adaptable to different types of soil. However, basic requirements must be observed. So, proper planting increases yield and also significantly improves the quality of tubers.
Potato preparation for planting should begin about a couple of months before planting. It begins by bringing tubers from storage into a warmer and brighter room where sorting will be carried out, during which all damaged or diseased tubers must be removed.
Potato "Banba": features of the variety
The next step is the germination and gardening of potato tubers, and then processing with special chemicals:
- "Binoram" - processing of tubers three days before planting with the calculation of 1 liter per kilogram of potatoes;
- Planriz - processing of tubers a week before planting with the calculation of 1 liter per 100 kg of potatoes;
- Gamair - pre-planting treatment of tubers with the calculation of 2 l per 1 ton of potatoes;
- Alirin-B - pre-planting treatment of tubers with a calculation of 10-15 liters per 1 ton of potatoes.
In addition, it is advisable to spray the soil, and, if necessary, the crop residues after cleaning the previous culture means "Sternifag".
The area for planting potatoes should be digged to a depth of 27-30 cm, and on soils with a smaller arable horizon, digging should be carried out to the entire depth with additional subsoiling loosening.
It is necessary to choose the optimal landing time. With a late planting, both the yield and average potato starchiness are sharply reduced.
Potatoes of the Banba variety need minimal maintenance and, according to some reports, it shows good productivity even when growing by beginners, inexperienced gardeners. Knowing the basic characteristics of the plant and observing agricultural techniques will help ensure high potato yields and produce tubers with high quality characteristics.
- Indicators of the size of the crop and its quality strongly depend on the water-physical properties of the soil, as well as its fertility.
- The soil should be loose, air- and water-permeable, water-intensive, highly cultured, which is typical for sandy, sandy loamy, light and medium loamy soil.
- Minimum indicators of soil density in the zone of tuber formation contribute to a better supply of oxygen to the root system of plants and have a favorable effect on productivity.
- The application of mineral fertilizers is important in the first half of the growing season of potatoes, and phosphorus and potassium components should be introduced at the stage of digging.
- Fertilizing with nitrogen-containing fertilizers is carried out at the stage of the last inter-row processing of potato plantings.
- The main, most abundant irrigation, despite the drought tolerance of the Banba variety, should be in the period of budding and flowering.
- To increase the soil area required for tuberization, several hills of potato tops should be carried out.
Spraying potatoes during the growing season:
- the first is preventive;
- the second in the phase of closing rows - budding;
- repeated - in two weeks.
It is recommended to use such means as Fitosporin-M and Alirin-B.
Potato growers reviews
The Irish potato variety Banba has excellent yield. This amazingly delicious potato is perfect for frying and cooking french fries.
In the description of the variety, high resistance to many diseases is stated. However, according to the reviews of potato growers who managed to test the variety, in many areas of cultivation it is one of the first to be affected by scab and late blight.
How to plant potatoes
Like any Irish variety, Banba tolerates drought very persistently, and also shows good tuberization on heavy soils, which attracts many gardeners. The variety is responsive to agricultural activities and belongs to the category of promising for growing in household plots.